Cosmetic surgery is one of the most sought after treatments right across the globe. From available statistics, almost 11 million cosmetic treatment procedures were performed in the US in 2006 alone, a figure that has increased by over 50% in the last few years. Apart from the US, European countries have also continued to record high numbers of individuals seeking cosmetic surgery treatment. Amongst Asian countries, Thailand has turned out to be one of the main markets of cosmetic surgery treatment.
What is cosmetic surgery?
Unlike plastic surgery treatment that aims at restoring an injured or deformed part of the body, cosmetic surgery treatment is undertaken purely for the purpose of enhancing the appearance of a part or parts of the body. Although there are cosmetic surgeons in such advanced countries as US and Europe, cosmetic surgery in Thailand has become very popular. This can partly be attributed to the fact that Thailand is a major tourist destination it is the tourists who spare some of their holiday time to receive the treatment.
What are the cosmetic surgery procedures?
There are simply many cosmetic surgery procedures that anyone can receive in Thailand. They include:
- Tummy tuck – Otherwise referred to as abdominoplasty, tummy tuck is the firming and reshaping of the abdomen. It is sought by both men and women with protruding abdomen.
- Eyelid surgery – This is medically referred to as blepharoplasty. Mostly sought by women, eyelid surgery involves reshaping of the eyelids to enhance their appearance. The treatment may involve application of permanent eyeliner.
- Penile liposuction – Medically referred to as phalloplasty, penile liposuction is the modification of the penis. The treatment is in most cases performed to lengthen and strengthen a penis.
- Mammoplasty – Like in other countries, Mammoplasty cosmetic surgery in Thailand involves varied techniques that include breast augmentation, breast reduction and breast lift.
- Buttock augmentation – This is the enhancing of buttocks, which may involve implantation of silicone implants or fat grafting. Buttock augmentation can also be performed by tightening of buttocks in a process known as buttock lift.
While these are the most common cosmetic surgery in Thailand, there are also other treatments that one can choose to receive. They include lip enhancement, rhinoplasty and Otoplasty amongst others.
What is the expected treatment outcome?
Individuals intent on receiving cosmetic surgery treatment can rest assured that Thailand has some of the best cosmetic surgeons out to deliver the best cosmetic surgery treatments available. Cosmetic surgeons practicing in Thailand are not only internationally trained but are also members of such professional bodies as The Medical Council of Thailand, The Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand and The International Society of Aesthetic Surgery amongst other bodies.
What are the treatment facilities?
While there are public hospitals where patients can receive plastic surgery treatment in Thailand, there are also many private clinics that patients may choose to receive treatment from. Bangkok prides in having chains of first class clinics operated by internationally trained doctors assisted with highly trained nurses, professionals who offer a wide range of cosmetic surgery treatments.
What is the cost of cosmetic surgery treatment in Thailand?
Perhaps many individuals from across the globe seek cosmetic surgery in Thailand due to the affordable costs involved. Compared to treatment costs in other countries, most clinics in Thailand quote reasonably. Patients intent on receiving cosmetic surgery treatment in Thailand can easily browse individual clinic websites to compare treatment quotes before they can book appointments.